Full Greenhouse Integrations
ZenSourcer provides best-in-class Greenhouse integration that enable users to:
- See if a prospect is in Greenhouse before reaching out.
- Upload a Greenhouse candidate from ZenSourcer in 1 click.
- Sync every touchpoint directly to Greenhouse.
- Automate common Greenhouse tasks directly from ZenSourcer.
We integrate with the Ingestion API to upload to Greenhouse (link to developer resources) and Harvest API for everything else (link to developer resources). Customers can enable the Ingestion API via OAuth 2.0 and the Harvest API by sending us your Greenhouse Harvest API Access Token (required permissions here).
This document is an overview of how we use the Greenhouse API and the features it enables.
Knowing if prospect is in Greenhouse
ZenSourcer makes it easy to see whether someone is in Greenhouse before sending a reach out by matching on both name and email address.
- If there’s an email match, we link directly to the Greenhouse candidate profile.
- If there’s a name match, we show a list of potential matches (first name, last name, current company) that link back to the candidate profiles in Greenhouse.
Uploading to Greenhouse
ZenSourcer can upload the entire candidate profile to Greenhouse directly alongside LinkedIn in one click. This includes name, company, title, school, email addresses, social media, ZenSourcer notes, and PDF resume. We plan to upload more and more information over time, including location, full work history, and education history.
We can enable any number of optional Greenhouse integrations when uploading:
- Default tags. If set, a default tag will be applied to the prospect upon upload.
- Auto-follow prospect. If enabled, the recruiter that uploaded the prospect will be automatically added as a follower.
- Auto-convert to candidate & set stage. If enabled, the prospect will automatically be converted to a candidate and moved to the specified stage directly after being uploaded.
- Custom import source. If specified, we will automatically change the import source from “ZenSourcer” to a source of your choice.
- Sync only primary email. If enabled, we will sync just the primary email selected in ZenSourcer when uploading a prospect instead of all available ZenSourcer emails.
2-way Email Sync
ZenSourcer can sync the content of any gmail message to and from candidates to their Greenhouse profile automatically as a note. This can include emails sent through ZenSourcer, but also one-off emails sent through Gmail. In ZenSourcer, you can disable 2-way email sync for any candidate at any time, which will stop future emails from being sync’d for that candidate (e.g. when discussing confidential details at offer stage).
Taking common Greenhouse Actions
You can take common Greenhouse Actions directly from ZenSourcer both in your projects on www.zensourcer.com and in the ZenSourcer Chrome extension.
- Converting from prospect → candidate
- Setting a stage
- Logging a note / call / text / InMail directly to the Greenhouse activity feed.
Future Greenhouse Integrations
ZenSourcer continues to enable better and better Greenhouse integrations over time. As such, we ask for permissions for features that are currently on our roadmap.
- Full pipeline analytics:
- From reach out to offer out aggregated across the team
- Segmented by Greenhouse data, such as recruiter, source, job, etc.
- Segmented by ZenSourcer data, such as diversity, years of experience, location, former company / education, etc.
- Ability to show more Greenhouse information in ZenSourcer, such as:
- Job & Stage
- Application & Interview Status
- and more…
- Syncing location, full work history, and full education history.
By design, we don’t ask for Greenhouse API permissions that we won’t likely need anytime soon, such as the ability to edit job openings, reject applications, update custom fields, etc.
Configuring the Integration
Visit www.zensourcer.com to install the ZenSourcer browser extension.
Using the ZenSourcer browser extension, press the green “Connect Greenhouse” button while looking at any LinkedIn profile.
Then, sign in with your Greenhouse email address.
And press Authorize
Adding Candidates to Greenhouse
To add a candidate to Greenhouse, select a Greenhouse job and press “Upload to Greenhouse”
This uploads the candidate’s entire ZenSourcer profile, including their email, social media, resume, and name / company / title / school.
To create a Harvest API key:
- The Greenhouse user will go to their Configure tab
- Select Dev Center > API Credential Management
- Click Create New API Key to generate the API key for ZenSourcer
- The Greenhouse user will be able to select which permissions they would like to allow the partner
To enable all of the Greenhouse integrations in ZenSourcer, you will need to generate a Harvest API Key with the following permissions: required permissions here.
You can securely enter your Greenhouse Harvest API Key on your team admin page at https://www.zensourcer.com/admin