The following steps are the steps to enable a custom options sync with a Greenhouse field using an Integration Web Services call, that is, Workday's Web Service API. This integration will sync the list of options for a custom field in Greenhouse with the list of options for a corresponding field in Workday.
These instructions assume that the following steps are already complete:
- The Greenhouse field you want to sync with Workday option values has already been created in Greenhouse (in Configure > Custom Options).
- You have constructed your Workday web services URL. You will need the URL of your Workday service call in order to complete the steps below.
1. From your Dashboard click Configure > Dev Center > Workday Administration
2. Select Enter credentials at access Workday Tenants or reports. Enter the username and password in this form. Note that these usernames are usually in the format <username>@<tenant> in Workday.
3. Once you have finished entering in your credentials, select sync a Greenhouse custom field with a Workday Integrations Service Call option:
4. Fill out all configuration fields below:
- "Select custom field" - select the Greenhouse custom field that you'll be setting up the sync for
- "Select credentials" - enter the credentials from Step 2
- New/Existing Endpoint URL for Web Services Call - select an existing URL (if applicable), or enter a new integration web services URL. This URL would be provided by your Workday consultant or developer.
- "And Reference Type as it appears in the @type section of the Workday Integrations Documentation" - Add the Workday field you wish to sync with in the "Reference Type" field. To identify Workday's valid options we recommend reviewing Workday's internal documentation.
Once saved, Greenhouse will attempt to sync the field immediately, and then will check the services call URL every 30 minutes for updates. For information on how to check if the sync is working, check out our FAQ guide here.