Custom job fields allow you to capture data custom to your organization in a standardized format. Over time, you may need to delete a custom job field as you make process changes.
In this article:
While you can delete a custom job field in Greenhouse Recruiting, there are some important considerations to note.
When a custom job field is deleted, the field will no longer populate when creating new jobs. Additionally, for any existing jobs that do not have data associated with the custom job field, the job field will no longer appear on the job.
However, for any job that had data associated with the field prior to the field being removed, the field and associated data will remain.
- For custom job fields that were marked as required, there is no way to manually remove the custom job field or associated data from the record. Consider editing the custom field to mark it as optional in order to delete the field and associated data.
- For custom job fields that were marked as optional, the custom job field's data can be manually removed from the job by selecting to edit the job field, removing the data, and saving this change.
If you intend to delete a custom job field and all the custom job field's associated data across all jobs, it may help to first run a report to see which jobs contain data on the custom job field.
1. Use the All Jobs page and select the Filter drop-down. Filter by the Custom Field. Be sure to filter by Job Status as well if necessary to capture all jobs.
2. Use the resulting list of jobs to delete the custom job field's values on the jobs.
3. Then proceed to delete the custom job field itself.
Delete a custom job field
To delete a custom job field, select the Configure icon from any Greenhouse Recruiting page, then click Custom Options on the left.
Under Company Custom Fields, click Jobs.
Find your custom job field and click the Delete icon .
Confirm your selection by clicking Yes, remove it.