Greenhouse and Lytmus have created an integration so that you can seamlessly use the two products together to add a Lytmus Take-Home Exam to your interview pipeline.
Implementing the Integration - Overview
This is an overview of how to implement the integration. To implement the integration, you will need to do the following:
- Log in to your Lytmus account and copy your API key from the account page here: https://www.lytmus.com/account
- Fill out the form at www.greenhouse.io/asksupport or to click here open a ticket. Please do not send the API key in this initial email.
- The Greenhouse Support Team will respond with a SendSafely link for you to enter your API key into (How does SendSafely work?), which will notify Greenhouse Support once the API key has been entered.
- Greenhouse Support will then email you back confirming that your API key has been setup in your account and your integration is ready to go.
- Add a special Lytmus stage to your interview pipeline.
- As candidates enter that stage, send the Lytmus Take-Home Exam to candidates through Greenhouse.
- Once candidates submit their Take-Home Exam, a link to their results will be accessible through the Interview Kit in Greenhouse.
Enabling the Integration
To enable the integration, log into your Lytmus account and copy your API key from the account page here: https://www.lytmus.com/account. Once you receive it, please forward it to your Greenhouse Account Manager. You Account Manager will enter the API Key into the system and let you know when the integration is ready to go.
Adding the Lytmus Interview Stage
To add the Interview Stage to your Interview Plan, please do the following:
- Navigate to a specific job, and click the Job Setup tab
- Click Interview Plan
- Scroll down the page, and click the green + Add Stage button
- Select Lytmus, and then click the Add button
Configuring the Stage
Once the stage has been added, click Edit Take-Home Exam. From there, you will see a drop-down menu that reflects the assessment that you’ve previously set up in Lytmus. Select the appropriate Take-Home Exam, assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade/review the submitted Exam, and then click Save.
Please note that all configuration of the Exam itself, as well as the email template, will need to be handled in Lytmus.
Sending the Test
When candidates are moved into the Lytmus Interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link. Please note that while you will click Send Test in Greenhouse, the interview instructions will actually be sent through Lytmus.
The status of the assessment will be viewable in Greenhouse. Greenhouse-generated status examples are as follows:
- Take-Home Exam to be sent
- Waiting for candidate to submit Take-Home Exam
- Scorecard due from <DESIGNATED_GRADER>
Reviewing Exam Results
Once the candidate has submitted their Take-Home Exam, the Interview Kit will contain a link to view the submitted Exam on Lytmus.