GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job.
Greenhouse Recruiting and GoodHire have built an integration to seamlessly add a background check into your Interview Plan, receive notifications, etc... In this article, we will cover:
- Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
- Set Up Integration in GoodHire with Webhooks
- Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/GoodHire Integration
- Optional: Setup Reports to Automatically Order
- Optional: Setup Automatic Stage Changes
- Running Reports
Before activating the Greenhouse Recruiting and GoodHire integration, the following conditions should be met:
- Your organization must have a Greenhouse and GoodHire account already created.
- Your organization must be on Invoice Billing with GoodHire.
- The user configuring the integration must have developer permissions in Greenhouse
- The user configuring the integration must have the Company administrator role in GoodHire
Configure User Setup Permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse/GoodHire integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials and Can manage and configure web hooks.
Contact a Greenhouse user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name.
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials and Can manage and configure web hooks so that a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Set Up Integration in GoodHire with Webhooks
Create a Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse/GoodHire Integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner. Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for GoodHire.
From the Create new credential dialog box, give your API key a name and select Harvest from the Type dropdown menu. When finished, click Create.
On the Manage API Key Permissions page, give the Harvest API Key the following permissions:
- Activity Feed
- GET: Retrieve Activity Feed
- DELETE: Delete Application
- GET: Retrieve Application
- GET: List Applications
- PATCH: Update Application
- POST: Advance Application
- POST: Move Application
- POST: Reject Application
- POST: Moves Application to Job
- POST: Unreject Application
- GET: Retrieve Candidate
- GET: List Candidates
- POST: Add Note
- Job Posts
- GET: List Job Posts
- GET: Retrieve Job Post for Job
- Job Stages
- GET: Retrieve Job Stage
- GET: List Job Stages
- GET: List Job Stages for Job
- GET: Retrieve Job
- GET: List Jobs
- GET: List Application's Offers
- GET: Retrieve Application's Current Offer
- GET: Retrieve Offer
- GET: List Offers
- GET: Retrieve Office
- GET: List Offices
- GET: Retrieve User
- GET: List Users
Click Update when finished. Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse/GoodHire integration is created and configured.
Optional: Setup Reports to Automatically Order
These steps should only be followed if you want reports to automatically begin processing. If these steps are not followed, or applied, a report will still be “Queued” within GoodHire like normal.
Optional: Setup automatic stage changes