Stack Overflow partners with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Their products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Greenhouse Recruiting's integration with Stack Overflow allows candidates to apply directly through Stack Overflow without have to take the additional of navigating to your company's careers page. In this article, we will cover the following steps needed to set up this integration:
Copy Job Board URL Token
Before you can enable the Greenhouse Recruiting/Stack Overflow integration, you need to collect your Job Board URL Token and Job Board API Key. In this section, we will cover how to copy your Job Board URL Token.
Depending on your permission levels there are two ways to copy your Job Board URL Token, please select the most convenient way for you:
Click the Edit next to your external Job Board and from the Edit Your Job Board page navigate to the URL section. The content in the editable field under URL is your Job Board URL Token. In the below example, the Job Board URL Token is mrrobot.
Alternatively, users with the developer permissions Can manage Job Board API credentials can copy the Job Board URL Token by clicking the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigating to Dev Center on the left-hand panel.
Click Configuring Your Job Board.
From the Configuring Your Job Board page, navigate to the Your Board Token title. In the below example, the Job Board URL Token is mrrobot.
Generate Job Board API Key
Note: Only users with Site Admin level permissions or users with the Developer Permissions "Can manage Job Board API Credentials" can generate a Job Board API Key.
To enable the integration, HiringSolved needs to access your Greenhouse database through an API Key. Generate an API Key by clicking on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner.
Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel and click API Credential Management.
From the API Credentials page, click Create New API Key and from the subsequent dialog box generate a new API Key with the following dimensions:
- Description: Stack Overflow
- Type: Job Board
When finished, click Create.
Your Job Board API Key is generated and can be found under the Job Board API section. Navigate to the Stack Overflow Job Board API Key and click Copy.
In order to set up the integration, you will need to provide Stack Overflow with the Job Board URL Token and the Job Board API Key that you copied down so they can properly configure your jobs.
Provide your Stack Overflow Account Manager with both elements so they can post applications into Greenhouse without having candidates redirect to your careers page.
If you want candidates to be credited to Stack Overflow, provide your Stack Overflow Account Manager with a tracking token so they can append it to their post.
To generate a tracking token, click on the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner and navigate to Job Board on the left-hand panel.
Under your External job board, click [Tracking Link].
From the dialog box, under Who Gets Credit, select None, then choose StackOverflow from the Source dropdown.
You'll end up with a link that looks something like this: http://grnh.se/tfard2s. Just take the part after the forward slash (in this case, tfard2s), and send it over to your StackOverflow account manager to get things set up!
What information is needed to set up the Greenhouse integration?
- We need a URL token, API key, and a unique Tracking token
How does a customer set up their Greenhouse integration?
- Customers are directed to this Greenhouse help article to find their Greenhouse API information.
- This link only works if the customer is logged into their Greenhouse dashboard.
- This information is passed on to the Sales Support department at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to their sales rep.
- If the customer has any live listings, they will need to change the apply method to “Integrate with Greenhouse.io” and select the corresponding job in Greenhouse.
Are there any customer facing setup steps?
- Only when publishing a job listing. The customer is required to choose the correct job on Greenhouse. See above screenshot.
- Integration details are set up by internal support staff.
Can customers that purchase job listings through Greenhouse use the ATS integration?
- Due to limitations of the Greenhouse API, only customers that purchase job listings through Stack Overflow Talent can use the ATS integration.
- Greenhouse customers will need use a standard Greenhouse application link.
Why aren’t my applications being attributed to Stack Overflow Talent?
- Some customers may have been set up before we implemented Tracking or did not provide the Tracking token in the first place.
- The correctly attribute applications, we must have a unique Tracking token from Greenhouse.
- Steps to find this can be found here.
I’m already integrated with Stack Overflow Talent, but applicants are still being redirected to apply on Greenhouse.
- Many customers were integrated before we supported customer application fields and EEOC information.
- In a case where either customer fields or EEOC information were required before we supported them, customer job listings were automatically set to fallback to applying via a Greenhouse application link.
- Customers simply need to go into their job listing and change the application type to the Greenhouse integration.