Prospect pools and stages are a valuable way to categorize your prospects and indicate where they are in your prospecting process. These categories make it easier to deliver the right message to the right person and track the outcomes of your efforts for constant improvement.
With the prospect pool activity report, you can understand all of the activity that's occurred in a prospect pool within a given period of time, including the number of prospects to enter a specific stage, remain in stages, move out of stages, as well as the number of prospects that were either stopped being considered as a prospect or converted to a candidate while in specific stages.
Prospect pool activity report
To create a prospect conversion report, click Reports on your navigation bar.
Click Essential Reports on the left.
Scroll to the Assess Your Prospecting Efforts (CRM) section, and click Prospect Pool Activity.
The prospect pool activity report will generate.
The prospect pool activity report includes the following columns:
- Entered Stage represents how many prospects entered that specific prospect stage during the given period of time.
- Remained in Stage represents how many prospects remained in that specific prospect stage during the given period of time.
- Moved out of Stage represents how many prospects were moved out of that specific prospect stage in the given period of time.
- Stopped Considering represents how many prospects were marked as “no longer consider” when they were in that specific prospect stage.
- Converted to Candidate represents how many prospects were converted to candidates when in that specific prospect stage.
Prospect pool activity report filters
Click Filters and more to adjust the filters on your report.
The prospect pool activity report can be filtered by the following:
- Job status
- Hiring team role
- Custom job field
- Prospect pool
- Prospect stage
- Activity date
- Include prospects on no jobs
- Include migrated candidates