Greenhouse and Interact have created an integration so that you can seamlessly use the two products together to add a secured assessment to your interview pipeline.
To implement the integration, you will:
- Login to your Interact account and navigate to the settings page.
- Switch to the Integrations tab. Select Greenhouse. Click on "Generate API" to request your API key.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to open a ticket. Please do not send the API key in this initial email.
- The Greenhouse Support Team will respond with a SendSafely link for you to enter your API key into (How does SendSafely work?), which will notify Greenhouse Support once the API key has been entered.
- Greenhouse Support will then email you back confirming that your API key has been setup in your account and your integration is ready to go.
- Add a special Interact stage to your interview pipeline.
- As candidates enter that stage, send them an Interact assessment through Greenhouse.
- Once candidates submit their test, a link to the results will be available through the Interview Kit in Greenhouse where you can score/grade them.
Enabling the Integration
To enable the integration with Interact, each company will have to enter the API key into Greenhouse. In order to accomplish that:
- On your Interact dashboard, click on your profile Icon and move to the settings
- Select the "Integrations" tab and click on the arrow next to Greenhouse.
- Request the API key and copy it once it is generated.
- Login to Greenhouse and select Integrations in the top navigation.
- Scroll down to Interact and select it under the Candidate Testing
- Click on connect, paste your API key, and click on Save.
Adding the Interact Interview Stage
To add the stage to your Interview Plan:
- Navigate to a specific job, and click the Job Setup tab
- Click Interview Plan
- Scroll down the page, and click the green + Add Stage button
- Select Interact Assessment, and click the Add button
Configuring the Stage
Once the stage has been added, click Edit Take Home Test. From there, you will see a drop-down menu that reflects the assessment that you’ve previously set up in Interact. Select the appropriate assessment, assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade/review submitted assessment, and then click Save.
Keep in mind that all configuration of the assessment itself will need to be handled in Interact. While you will click "Send Test" from within Greenhouse, the interview instructions are actually sent by Interact. So ensure that all the parameters for the given assessment are accurate on the Interact dashboard.
Sending the Test
When candidates are moved into the Interact Interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link. While you will click "Send Test" in Greenhouse, the interview instructions will actually be sent through Interact.
The status of the assessment will be viewable in Greenhouse:
- Take Home Test to be sent.
- Waiting for candidate to submit test
- Scorecard due from <DESIGNATED_GRADER>
Reviewing Test Results
Once the candidate has submitted their test, the Interview Kit will contain a link to view the report for the submitted test on Interact.