Greenhouse and VidCruiter have created an integration so that you can seamlessly use the two products together to add an assessment to your interview pipeline.
To implement the integration, you will:
- Contact VidCruiter to request your API key, and then reach out to Greenhouse Support who will send you a secure link for you to send your API key. We will then take care of entering it into the system.
- Add a special VidCruiter stage to your interview pipeline.
- As candidates enter that stage, send the VidCruiter interview through Greenhouse.
- Once candidates submit their test, a link to the results will be accessible through the Interview Kit in Greenhouse.
Enabling the Integration
To enable the integration, contact VidCruiter to request your API Key. Once you receive it, click here to open a ticket with Greenhouse and provide Greenhouse with your API key.
Note: Do not send the API key in this initial email. API Keys allow access to sensitive data and must be kept secret. If an API Key is shared in an email and your email is intercepted by a malicious third party or your email account is hacked, the hacker would be able to view and access your API Key. For this reason, we require API Keys to be shared securely using SendSafely, Greenhouse’s secure data transfer platform.
The Greenhouse Support Team will respond with a SendSafely link for you to enter your API key. A notification will be sent to the Greenhouse Support Team after you have entered your API key and they will email you to confirm that your API key has been set up in your account and your integration is enabled.
Adding the VidCruiter Interview Stage
To add the stage to your Interview Plan:
- Navigate to a specific job, and click the Job Setup tab
- Click Interview Plan
- Scroll down the page, and click the green + Add Stage button
- Configuring the Stage
- Select VidCruiter, and click the Add button
Once the stage has been added, click Edit Take Home Test. From there, you will see a drop-down menu that reflects the assessment that you’ve previously set up in VidCruiter. Select the appropriate assessment, assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade/review submitted assessment, and then click Save.
Keep in mind that all configuration of the assessment itself, as well as the email template, will need to be handled in VidCruiter. While you will click "Send Test" from within Greenhouse, the interview instructions are actually sent by VidCruiter.
Sending the Test
When candidates are moved into the VidCruiter Interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link. While you will click "Send Test" in Greenhouse, the interview instructions will actually be sent through VidCruiter.
The status of the assessment will be viewable in Greenhouse:
- Take Home Test to be sent.
- Waiting for candidate to submit test
- Scorecard due from <DESIGNATED_GRADER>
Reviewing Test Results
Once the candidate has submitted their test, the Interview Kit will contain a link to view the submitted test on VidCruiter.
For more on the integration, please view this video: