- Open the Chrome menu at the top right of the browser window
- Select More Tools > Developer Tools > Console
An example of what a Chrome Error will look like under the Console section:
- Open the Firefox menu at the top right of the browser window
- Select the Developer icon > Web Console
- Ensure the JS tab is selected in the Console
In Internet Explorer:
- Click F12 to open developer tools
- Ensure the Console tab is selected
- Enable the Develop menu in the menu bar
- Click Safari in the menu bar > Preferences
- Select the Advanced Tab
- Ensure “Show Develop menu in menu bar” is checked
- After opening the Console, you may have to refresh the page to capture the error.
- Error lines are the most significant portion of the Console. You may need to scroll to see them. They will be identified with red text or they'll be highlighted.
3) TAKING A SCREENSHOT IN YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM