Restless Bandit is an automated Talent Rediscovery Platform that matches the best latent candidates in a company’s talent universe with their open job requisitions. Restless Bandit works with Greenhouse Recruiting through the Harvest and Job Board API to mirror a recruiter’s open job reqs inside Restless Bandit’s platform.
In this article, we will cover:
Configure user setup permissions in Greenhouse Recruiting
In order to enable the Greenhouse Recruiting / Restless Bandit integration, you will need the developer permission Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials.
Contact a Greenhouse Recruiting user in your organization with Site Admin level permissions with the additional user-specific permission Can edit another user's advanced permissions to apply the API credential management permission to your account. Have the user with Site Admin level permissions edit your user account's permissions by navigating to the Configure icon > Users > Your Name.
The user with Site Admin level permissions should navigate to the User-Specific Permissions panel on your user page and expand the Developer Permissions dropdown menu.
Select Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials so a check is in the checkbox. When finished, click Save.
Repeat as necessary for any other user that should have access to set up the integration.
Create Harvest API key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / Restless Bandit integration
To create a Harvest API key for the integration, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner, and navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel. From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management.
From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key for Restless Bandit.
In the Create New Credential dialog box, make the following selections:
- API Type: Harvest
- Partner: Restless Bandit
- Description: Restless Bandit Harvest API Key
When finished, click Manage Permissions to generate the Harvest API key and automatically assign it the appropriate permissions required by Restless Bandit.
In the subsequent dialog box, click Copy to save your API key to your clipboard. Store the API key in a secure location to provide to Restless Bandit in the next step. Click I have stored the API Key once you have copied and saved the key.
Note: You cannot access the full API key again after clicking I have stored the API Key. If you lose your API key and need to access it later, you must create a new API key, provide it to the integration partner, and then revoke access to the original key.
On the subsequent page, confirm the following permissions are assigned to your new API key:
- All endpoints
Note: Please be aware granting Restless Bandit access to all endpoints allows the partner to access all data in your organization's Greenhouse Recruiting account.
If any of the permissions above are not checked, place a check in the box next to the appropriate permission. Click Save when finished.
Your Harvest API key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / Restless Bandit integration is created and configured. Provide the Harvest API key to your Restless Bandit onboarding team so they can enable the integration for you.
Use Greenhouse Recruiting / Restless Bandit integration
- Once integrated, you can see a recruiter’s open job requisitions on the left hand side
- Under “Search Jobs”, one can do a search for a specific job position.
- By selecting the desired job req from the search results, one can go to “Show Job Description” to pull up a copy of the job req directly from Greenhouse.
- At the same time, Restless Bandit will also evaluate the entire pool of candidate data hosted in Greenhouse and return a number of matches of candidates who are fit for that role.
- These candidates are ranked by Restless Bandit’s machine learning and data science algorithms – Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- These rankings are also sorted by hiring priority – the candidate’s competencies (blue), title (green), and industry association knowledge (purple) – based on the company’s hiring trends and patterns. A recruiter can override the default by adjusting the bar on top and the list will dynamically update based on these changes.
- Recruiters have the ability to use several filters to find candidates that fit the recruiter’s specific needs.
- Recruiters have the ability to email several candidates at once by selecting the box to the left of the candidate’s name and the icon.
- From here, the recruiter can compose an email or create a template.
- Recruiters can also can assign candidates to certain folders by click on the icon.
- Recruiters can also do a comparison search by selecting the desire candidates and click on the icon.
- Clicking on a candidates name can also bring you to that candidate’s profile where you can see the last time the candidate was contacted, the candidate status, skills, education, as well as any other position in which the candidate may be a good fit.
- Several actions can be made from a candidate’s profile. This includes starring the candidate , directly emailing the candidate , adding the candidate to a specific folder , and downloading the candidate’s resume .
- At the top of the screen, recruiter’s can also do Boolean searches to look for candidates.
- Recruiters can also the sorting priority and use different filters to adjust their Boolean search results.
- Searches can be saved by clicking the Save Search icon.