This Power Reports feature comes with Pro and Enterprise Accounts. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade your account to include "Power Reports" features if you have a Core Account.
How do I import reports directly into Google Sheets?
We’ve built a ton of different reports to give you insight into your hiring process, help you tell stories, and drive strategic discussions. We know that you want to combine data from multiple reports, build custom charts, and send recurring reports to hiring managers and your team. This isn’t always easy to do in Greenhouse and repeatedly exporting your data to Excel is time consuming.
So, we created a new tool that combines the power and customization of a spreadsheet with a simple and seamless Google integration: Greenhouse Report Connector!
With this Google Sheets add-on, you can:
- Easily import Greenhouse reports to Google
- Refresh your reports in real-time directly from your workbook
- Build and manipulate dashboards, charts, and graphs
- Combine reports and perform complex analysis
Connecting your Greenhouse account to Google Sheets is easy! Just follow these steps:
- Create a new spreadsheet in Google Sheets
- In the toolbar, click on Add-ons > Get add-ons
- Search for ‘Greenhouse’ in the Add-ons store or find the Add-on here.
- Select the Greenhouse Report Connector add-on and then click on the + Free button
- Click Allow to give Google Sheets access to your Greenhouse reports
- Navigate back to the the toolbar, click on Add-ons > Greenhouse Report Connector > Sign In and enter your Greenhouse username and password
- For SSO users, after you enter your email address, you will be directed to authenticate with your SSO provider and then will be able to complete set-up in Google Sheets
- Close the confirmation window and head back to your Google spreadsheet, then close the Sign In modal by clicking on the ‘X’ at the top right
*Please note: This feature functions best when you are a) logged into the email address that is connected with Greenhouse and b) not logged into any other Google accounts at the same time.
Now that you’ve successfully added Greenhouse Report Connector to Google Sheets, you can start importing your reports.
- First, configure a report in Greenhouse and apply any relevant filters to the data by clicking on the Change Filter button.
- Copy the URL of this report and head back over to your Google spreadsheet. Pro tip: no need to wait for the report and data to load in Greenhouse! Once you’ve selected your filters, just copy the URL while Greenhouse is still working.
- In the toolbar, click on Add-ons > Greenhouse Report Connector > Import Report and paste the URL in the “Enter Report URL” field. You then have two options:
- Current Sheet: This will be selected by default and will add the report in whichever sheet you are in currently. If another report or any other data is entered in this sheet, the new report will override and replace it.
- New Sheet: This option will create a brand new tab and put your report there.
- To finish and add your report, click Confirm
Once Google Sheets finishes working, your report and all of its data is automatically imported and ready for further analysis!
* Please note: Greenhouse Report Connector does not currently support the Candidate Survey and is unable to import data from this report due to its unique format.
What do reports look like?
Sheets with an imported report will show you a few things:
- Report Name: the name of the report you just pulled from Greenhouse
- Report Path: this is the part of the report URL after “greenhouse.io” that you imported
- Last Updated: the date and time the report data was imported or refreshed
- Report Requested By: the email address of the Greenhouse user who imported the report
- Report Filters: the filters you applied to the report in Greenhouse (e.g. Open + Marketing or Engineering + Include prospects on no jobs)
How do I refresh report data?
You can refresh reports directly within Google Sheets to retrieve the most up-to-date data without needing to run recurring reports in Greenhouse and export the data to Excel.
- Click on Add-ons > Greenhouse Report Connector > Refresh This Sheet or Refresh All Sheets
- Refresh This Sheet will only update the report in the currently selected sheet while Refresh All Sheets will update 10 reports at a time in your workbook
Collaborating with your team
If other users at your company also enable the Google Sheets integration, they can import reports directly to the spreadsheet you've created or refresh the data on existing reports in the spreadsheet. The report data each person is able to retrieve and import from Greenhouse into Google Sheets depends on that user's unique permissions within your company's Greenhouse account.
However, once you've imported reports to Google Sheets, you can share your spreadsheet with any other team members to collaborate and view the data, regardless of their Greenhouse permissions.
Now you’re ready to apply special formatting, build charts, combine reports, and analyze data, all within one easy-to-use Google Sheet. Happy reporting!