Employment Screening Resources (ESR) believes employers deserve a background screening partner that consistently delivers fast, accurate, affordable, and compliant information through an innovative and time-saving solution that supports compliance with ever-changing laws and integration with most HR technology solutions.
Greenhouse Recruiting's integration with ESR enables your company to seamlessly and securely submit background check requests and receive important statuses, flag notifications and view the background check report. In this article, we will cover:
Create a webhook
To integrate ESR with Greenhouse Recruiting, you’ll need to create a webhook. Follow the steps in this article to create your webhook. Use the values listed below to configure the webhook:
- Name: A descriptive name for your integration. Most customers choose "ESR Background Check Integration"
- When: The time that the event will be sent to ESR. Select the following options for this integration:
- Candidate has been hired
- Endpoint URL: https://esrcheck.com/app/services/greenhouse.aspx
- Secret Key: The Secret Key provided by ESR
- Advanced settings
- Username: Provided by ESR
- 1688:greenhouse (ESE Account ID: admin username)
- Password: Provided by ESR
- Username: Provided by ESR
Configure custom offer field for ESR integration
You'll need to create a custom offer field to add the candidate's ESR Background Check package. Follow the steps in this article and create a custom offer field with the following criteria:
- Field Name: ESR BGC Package
- Field Type: Single select
- Options: Separate Package ID and Package Name with a colon. The list below contains some example packages/formatting
- 5813: Standard Employee Package
- 5912: Standard + Driver Package
- 5968: Standard + Credit Package
- Create new email token: Select checkbox
Note: To ensure the integration functions correctly, make sure the Immutable Field Key exactly matches esr_bgc_package.
Optional: Create Harvest API Key for the Greenhouse Recruiting / ESR Integration
Follow the steps in this article to create the key, and verify that the permissions below are selected when configuring the ESR integration.
In the Create New Credential box, make the following selections:
- API Type: Harvest
- Partner: ESR
- Description: ESR Post Back
Verify that the following permissions are selected for the ESR integration:
- Activity Feed
Once the API key is configured, provide it to your ESR onboarding team to finish this part of your account configuration.
Use the ESR integration with Greenhouse Recruiting
In Greenhouse Recruiting, create the offer of employment and select the appropriate background screening package from the Create Offer dialog box.
Mark the candidate as hired after the offer is accepted. The integration will push candidate-provided information to ESR.
The candidate will receive an invitation to engage the ESRCheck® Applicant Portal.
Any information transferred over as part of the integration will pre-populate in the ESRCheck® Solution. The candidate will be presented with the required legal disclosures and will provide authorization to conduct the background check. ESR's applicant portal will collect any additional information not transferred over that is needed to conduct the background check.