The TextRecruit Integration with Greenhouse enables users to select statuses within Greenhouse they would like to trigger a text message within TextRecruit. When the selected stage change occurs in Greenhouse the data regarding the event is sent to TextRecruit. TextRecruit then uses the Greenhouse ID for the event to prompt an automated text message to the candidate. TextRecruit’s customer success manager will work with users to create these automate text message templates. The messages are visible to the user their TextRecruit Inbox, and in their Greenhouse Integration Events Log. Within TextRecruit these messages will be tagged with a Greenhouse flag to distinguish them as part of the automated integration.
To link your Greenhouse account, contact TextRecruit Customer Success for an endpoint URL and a secret key you'll need to get started. Once you have both of those items, complete the following steps to link your accounts!
- Ask a Site Admin with Advanced permissions to log into Greenhouse
- Have them select Configure > Users > Your Name
- At the bottom of the page, select Can manage and configure web hooks
- Repeat for anyone else that should have access
- Now that you have the correct permissions, log into your Greenhouse account
- Select Configure > Dev Center > Web Hooks > Web Hooks
- You'll land on a page called Create a New Web Hook
- Name your Webhook — we suggest TextRecruit Integration
- Input the Endpoint URL and Secret Key provided to you by TextRecruit Customer Success, then make sure the Web hook type is Candidate Stage Change.
- Press Create Web Hook.
That's it! Your Greenhouse account and TextRecruit account can now talk to each other.
Login and go to “Settings” on the upper right side. Greenhouse will be listed under Connected Applications. Click Configure. The TextRecruit Customer Success Manager will help you configure the message templates for Greenhouse in this section. As the events come in from Greenhouse they will appear in the table at the bottom of the page. This reference allows you to confirm that the integration is working properly. Additionally, it will let you see if a message were to fail and it would give a message explaining why it failed.
Please note, that TextRecruit’s Customer Success Managers will help users learn how to add new Greenhouse candidates to TextRecruit using the TextRecruit Chrome Extension or a CSV file upload.
After using the integration, you may decide you want to share more info between Greenhouse and TextRecruit. If you would like additional information transferred over, please reach out to TextRecruit Customer Success with a list of items to add!